Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Struggling...

So tomorrow will be 1 month that I moved out. I am really struggling with everything. Today I went to the doctor, and I have Bronchitis. I feel awful, and maybe that is why I feel like such an emotional train wreck. Honestly, I don't think I have ever felt so alone in all my life. I keep asking me what I have done so wrong to deserve all of this. I miss us being a family and just the comfort of knowing that Kenny will walk in the door at night after work. I miss us raising the girls together. It is such a struggle when the kids ask if we will be getting back together, and I have to try to convince them that this whole mess is really for the best, when I am not even convinced myself. Is this really the best thing? I guess really it doesn't matter what I think or feel, because the decision has already been made. It feels so hopeless to look towards the future and to think that perhaps someday love will find me. Right now, I feel like the biggest failure ever. I couldn't make this marriage work, and here I am a 32 year old almost single woman, with three beautiful girls, no real job, and what in the world do I have to offer anyone. I can't imagine that anyone would ever find interest in me, or that I would be a "catch". Maybe that is it, I never thought that I would be afraid to be alone. For all those years with Kenny when he would go snowmobiling, and I would be so afraid that he could get caught in an avalanche, I never was afraid to be alone, because I always knew that he was with me. Now that he isn't "with" me, I am feeling like being alone is really horrible. I don't know how people move forward from something like this. How does life go on? How do people feel that they could love again? I think back to being 15 and 16 years old, and I always had a boyfriend. Then at 16, I met Kenny and even when we broke up those few times, I always had somebody. I guess I have never really been alone. That now, is so frightening. I know many woman say they will never remarry after a divorce, but I can't imagine spending my whole life alone. I really want to have a solid marriage with lots of love, and with a man that understands me, and who also loves my girls. I just don't think that this is ever going to be possible.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I'm sure what you are going through is a struggle. It is a day-to-day thing and you will get through it. I'm glad you are feeling better. You seemed to be in good spirits today. I hope you have a wonderful spring break!!

Michelle Johnson said...

(((((((HUGS)))))))) I wish there was something I could do. I know this is a hard time for you and your family. You can come talk to me anytime.

chertony said...

Hey there Elvira,
I know this has to be the hardest thing you have gone through. I know just imagining not being with Tony after 20 years is unthinkable. You are a beautiful and fun person so don't put yourself down like that you would be a great CATCH to some lucky guy. You will get through this though taking it day by day is all a person can do. Don't forget you have strong family ties and friends you can lean on especially me. You can come by, call or email any time. Don't forget yopu are never alone. We loe you girl!!! Love Cheryl and Family