Saturday, March 17, 2007

~Fun with Ms. I~


Last week Natasha spent a fun day with one of her favorite people in the world, Ms. I. For those of you who don't know, Ms. I was Natasha's First grade teacher. She and Natasha have had a very wonderful relationship since then, and are really great friends still. With everything going on with her, Ms. I spent the day with Natasha. Later that evening we all went over to her house and fed all the ducks at the pond in her back yard. It was a lot of fun for the girls that day, and good for me to spend time with a really great friend. Ms. I is one of those rare people that you meet who is so genuine and also loves deeply. I admire her character and hope that someday I will impact children's lives the way that she does. She is a great role model, teacher and friend to all the children who are lucky enough to have her for a teacher. I am going to truly miss not only having her be Alainna's teacher for first grade, but also having her be here and being such a close friend. It will be a long year with her away (she will be teaching in Scotland) but I am also so proud of her for doing this for herself. She has spent her whole life dedicated to others, and I am so happy that finally she is taking the time to do something for herself. Now, lets hope that when she comes back that one of the girls will once again be blessed enough to have her.

3 comments:

Alaskagirl said...

I am happy that Natasha was able to spend some time with Ms. I. What an amazing relationship they have. That doesn't happen very often. See you in the morning.

Michelle Johnson said...

It is so nice when you can get that close to a teacher of you child. It really means a lot. We still talk to Jamie's Kindergarten teacher. She was great.

How fun that Ms I gets to teach in Scotland. Fun!

See you in the morning!

Angela said...

What a great thing to have kept that relationship. I'm sure Natasha enjoyed her time, and the more adults that care about her right now, the better she will be for it. :)