Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Happy 6th Birthday Alainna!


On Sunday, we celebrated Alainna's sixth birthday party at Monkey Dooz! WOW, what a fun time! Alainna had no idea where her party was going to be, and it was such a delight to see the surprise on her face when we got there! Her sister's, cousin and a friend were there to help her celebrate. The girls started off my having their hair done in these beautiful hairstyles, complete with tons of curls and glitter spray. After the hair came the mini-manicures! They sat at the manicure table and each got their nails painted complete with glitter! Once the hair and make-up was complete, they were able to choose their "princess" outfits! Of course, Alainna wore the Birthday Princess Crown! Once all the girls were "princesses", the sat at this huge table and sipped on Sparkling Martini's! Then came the cake! Wow! It was carried out with candles, and even a sparkler on top! Alainna tried and tried to blow that thing out! Even her friends helped, but in the end, it burned out. We sang Happy Birthday to her, and she just smiled in sheer pleasure. Her face was priceless. I can tell you, that as a mom, I was really concerned seeing these young ladies turn into such beautiful princesses! It really made me think about what these girls would look like in a few years when the are all going to be wanting to wear make-up! Oh my goodness, I think I will have my hands full chasing off all the boys! The girls are absolutely gorgeous, and I have a feeling that the boys will be lining up to be dating them. OH NO! I guess thank goodness that I have a few more years to prepare for that!
Anyways, it was a magical day for all of us. I think Alainna had a really wonderful time, as did her sisters. It gave me so much pleasure to be able to give such a surprise to my daughter. She is truly a wonderful young lady. Hard to believe that 6 years ago today, she was just an 8 lb 7 oz bundle of joy! My how time flies and how life changes.

2 comments:

Angela said...

The girls looked like they had a GREAT time and they look beautiful. What a fun memory for Alainna. I think it's cool that you kept it a surprise!! I forgot, I will be leaving for Cinci on Friday so I won't see you then. Have a terrific week!!

Alaskagirl said...

Sounds like a crazy fun week-end. I can't believe how big Alainna is getting. She is lucky to have a mom like you who loves her and makes her birthday so special!